I Can Only Hope
I hope he treats you well
I hope he holds your hand and comforts you, it's all that you deserve.
I hope he finally sees his prize
Inside your eyes, as did I.
I hope he lifts your spirit with soft words and gentle kiss.
I hope he leaves you flowers everyday and counts the dreadful hours you're away.
I hope he says he loves you not only with his voice but with his actions too.
I hope he never hurts you.
I hope he takes the time to show you how much you are appreciated.
I hope he remembers every special date and anniversary, even if belated.
I hope he cares for you, so delicate like a rose, a priceless set of China, the glass heart that he holds.
I hope he waters it with love and tends to it with affection.
I hope he runs to your cries and wipes them all away, then holds you in his arms, stares into your eyes (reaching to your soul) and tells you that you're beautiful and never lets you go.
I hope he shows you with every word and every touch, every stroke of your hair and every lost and timeless gaze into your profound beauty how much he truly cares.
I hope he makes you happy, makes you laugh, and makes you smile, that contagious smile, brighter than the sun.
I hope he makes you feel and know that you're the only one.
I hope he does his best to give you all you need and maybe what you want, a happy family.
I hope the romance never dies nor the spark that's in your eyes that holds for him his prize, your heart.
Jonathan Maldonado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Can Only Hope by Jonathan Maldonado )
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)