Jael Courtney Wolz Smith
I am not my reflection
I am not my reflection, I am not the me you see in the mirror.
I am not a distortion of reality, I am not what I see staring back at me.
What I see is 2 dimensional, but I exist in 3.
I am not my reflection, it is an image that resides only in my past.
I am not the ghost of my history, I am not the image that looks at me.
What I see is only the past, a place I shall no longer live.
I am not my reflection in the mirror, I am my own self I live in the here and the now.
I shall never be controlled by what I see before.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am not my reflection by Jael Courtney Wolz Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Wild God Blooms, Guillermo Veloso
- According To The Flesh, Edward Kofi Louis
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second