Jael Courtney Wolz Smith
I am not my reflection
I am not my reflection, I am not the me you see in the mirror.
I am not a distortion of reality, I am not what I see staring back at me.
What I see is 2 dimensional, but I exist in 3.
I am not my reflection, it is an image that resides only in my past.
I am not the ghost of my history, I am not the image that looks at me.
What I see is only the past, a place I shall no longer live.
I am not my reflection in the mirror, I am my own self I live in the here and the now.
I shall never be controlled by what I see before.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am not my reflection by Jael Courtney Wolz Smith )
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns