Jael Courtney Wolz Smith
I am not my reflection
I am not my reflection, I am not the me you see in the mirror.
I am not a distortion of reality, I am not what I see staring back at me.
What I see is 2 dimensional, but I exist in 3.
I am not my reflection, it is an image that resides only in my past.
I am not the ghost of my history, I am not the image that looks at me.
What I see is only the past, a place I shall no longer live.
I am not my reflection in the mirror, I am my own self I live in the here and the now.
I shall never be controlled by what I see before.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am not my reflection by Jael Courtney Wolz Smith )
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Painting The Sky, Naveed Khalid
- Arrow, Naveed Khalid
- Element Of Surprise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Spanish Romance, Pride and Passion, Sandra Feldman
- As I Climb Higher, Abekah Emmanuel
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid