Jael Courtney Wolz Smith
I am not my reflection
I am not my reflection, I am not the me you see in the mirror.
I am not a distortion of reality, I am not what I see staring back at me.
What I see is 2 dimensional, but I exist in 3.
I am not my reflection, it is an image that resides only in my past.
I am not the ghost of my history, I am not the image that looks at me.
What I see is only the past, a place I shall no longer live.
I am not my reflection in the mirror, I am my own self I live in the here and the now.
I shall never be controlled by what I see before.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am not my reflection by Jael Courtney Wolz Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI