I Am As I Am
what’s up with me,
why I’m blue some days,
other times electric yellow,
why I talk too fast
or not at all,
why I cry,
then cry again.
You may have been puzzled
by my sometimes strangeness,
about what makes me tick.
The fact is,
I always tell the correct time;
all you have to do is ask.
Since you asked...
I have a disorder,
I have bipolar, you see,
and I get the rollercoaster
that comes with it.
The only questions are:
how steep the climb,
how fast the fall?
I’m not crazy
(I avoid the “C” word.):
I have an illness
(I’m not that illness.):
I take my meds
(two blue and three white) .
I lead a normal life,
whatever “normal” means.
I no longer feel
the stigma of being different.
I am as I am.
There you have it,
the skim of my truth.
Now you know about me;
what’s your story?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am As I Am by jessica casas )
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
- Song To Sri Ramakrishna, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Little Pigs, Roald Dahl
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)