I Am As I Am
what’s up with me,
why I’m blue some days,
other times electric yellow,
why I talk too fast
or not at all,
why I cry,
then cry again.
You may have been puzzled
by my sometimes strangeness,
about what makes me tick.
The fact is,
I always tell the correct time;
all you have to do is ask.
Since you asked...
I have a disorder,
I have bipolar, you see,
and I get the rollercoaster
that comes with it.
The only questions are:
how steep the climb,
how fast the fall?
I’m not crazy
(I avoid the “C” word.):
I have an illness
(I’m not that illness.):
I take my meds
(two blue and three white) .
I lead a normal life,
whatever “normal” means.
I no longer feel
the stigma of being different.
I am as I am.
There you have it,
the skim of my truth.
Now you know about me;
what’s your story?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am As I Am by jessica casas )
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)