I Am Articulate Not Procrastinate It Is A Difference
I’m looking at a house that is static in vision,
How do I set tone for a place call Home,
I’m pulling on a padlock to grid to motion to twist the key,
Is this what they call building a bridge,
Get me a safety net, because I’m on my own,
Wanting to know what is to call it a home.
I better get a note & pad so it does not scratch the surface of the carpet,
Perhaps some coupons to start saving for a set of chairs, a couch and maybe a table.
It dawns to know what it is to have a woman,
But it is too early in this stage to call this house a happy home.
Yes that it, I’ll get a couch from mom old house,
Got a TV from my dad and his gal house,
So I guess I can buy some snack that no brand name,
Because when you are hungry food is food.
Got to pay my bills on times, must get a haircut got to buy cleaning supplies,
All in the same check, How will I make it stretch?
I guess this is what it is to be on your own, now I know the feel of a home cook meal.
And luck would have it a great cook wait and seen.
Does anyone understand such a feeling?
Coming from nothing trying to make something out of nothing,
So I save a prayer give god good grace look to my plate and ask
What woman if any could know the man that I ‘am that stand,
And speak of something it’s time to take out the trash and clean the house
And once for the record I am Articulate not Procrastinate there is a difference……
Louis Borgo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Articulate Not Procrastinate It Is A Difference by Louis Borgo )
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)