I Am Africa
I am a son to my Father, I am born to my Africa, I am the Future!
I am my own Father, I am on my own an African in my Africa, I am my own Future!
I am to my son a Father, I am a People to my Africa, I am present in my Future!
I am now a man just like my Father, I am Africa, I am making history in my Future!
The father bears the son, the son is father to his own inner man, the man is father to a son.
The son is bonded to the father and father's father.
The son and father and father's father are the people,
the people are one.
One is united, united is Africa.
Africa is the man, the man is Africa!
I am Africa!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Africa by Makabongwe Nkambule )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)