I Am Africa
I am a son to my Father, I am born to my Africa, I am the Future!
I am my own Father, I am on my own an African in my Africa, I am my own Future!
I am to my son a Father, I am a People to my Africa, I am present in my Future!
I am now a man just like my Father, I am Africa, I am making history in my Future!
The father bears the son, the son is father to his own inner man, the man is father to a son.
The son is bonded to the father and father's father.
The son and father and father's father are the people,
the people are one.
One is united, united is Africa.
Africa is the man, the man is Africa!
I am Africa!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Africa by Makabongwe Nkambule )
- Within The System, Katherine Nordhaus
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Taking cover., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unclothing Her, Do You Want To Photograp.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)