John Wesley (28 June 1703 - 2 March 1791 / Epworth, England)
Hymn XV: Happy the Souls to Jesus Joined
Happy the souls to Jesus joined,
And saved by grace alone,
Walking in all his ways they find
Their heaven on earth begun.
The church triumphant in thy love,
Their mighty joys we know;
They sing the Lamb in hymns above,
And we in hymns below.
Thee in thy glorious realm they praise,
And bow before thy throne,
We in the kingdom of thy grace:
The kingdoms are but one.
The holy to the holiest leads,
From thence our spirits rise,
And he that in thy statutes treads
Shall meet thee in the skies.
John Wesley's Other Poems
- Hymn I: O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- Hymn II: Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Fe...
- Hymn III: All That Pass By, to Jesus Dra...
- Hymn IV: Ho! Everyone That Thirsts, Draw...
- Hymn IX: Sinners, Obey the Gospel-Word!
- Hymn V: Thy Faithfulness, Lord
- Hymn VI: Sinners, Turn, Why Will Ye Die?
- Hymn VII: Let the Beasts Their Breath Re...
- Hymn VIII: What Could Your Redeemer Do
- Hymn X: Ye Thirsty For God, to Jesus Giv...
- Hymn XI: God, the Offended God Most High
- Hymn XII: Come, Ye That Love the Lord
- Hymn XIII: Happy Soul that Free from Har...
- Hymn XIV: Happy the Man That Finds the G...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.