Monk E. Biz
How Young Is Your Heart?
Does not life start in the heart and moves outward?
Blood caries life, sustains, maintains,
nourishes, purifies, flows..
bump bump...bump bump...bump bump...
goes out and then returns, over and over...
How young do you feel in your heart?
Have you let go of youth,
given credence to the deceit in the mirror?
Still practicing pagan birthdays?
Watching calendar pages turn...
How young is your heart?
How young would you like it to be?
How young would you be, if the choice were yours again?
My how young you are! I see youth, vibrancy,
Springtime in your life garden!
Let's run, let's play, no restrictions, no self guarding!
Free your child, your teenage exuberance, return to
crazy fun, your 20s, where fun and wisdom found balance!
Reality is what YOU decide it to be.
Live in your dusty world, time slowing, winding down... tick tock...
' it was a decent ride' tick tock...
Focused on the finish line?
No thank you my dear, I won't join you there.
There are more mountains to climb, more wine to drink,
more life to LIVE, more fantasies to think!
Break the mirror, ignore time counters,
seek Life, seek more loving encounters!
Timeless we are, ignore the grand deceiver, the body,
You are forever so worth loving, an Eternal Hottie!
Take a chance, express love, it doesn't need to make sense,
it's ok to FEEL it, dance with it, express it fearlessly!
Let love be the elixir that motivates each step, each breath,
each word, each encounter!
A simple choice, are you a time counter,
or an exciting love encounter?
The choice is yours, but you gotta take a chance,
come out of fear, sorrow and dust,
it is time to dance!
Monk E. Biz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Young Is Your Heart? by Monk E. Biz )
Did you read them?
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns