A wife’s heart is like water in a well that’s old,
but when it is aroused it turns to steam
and cracks the surface of a husband who is cold,
repairing it with cooling vapors of her dream.
Inspired by a book of Chinese love poetry published by the British Museum that I saw at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana after visiting the exhibition of Qin dynasty terracotta warriors. On of the poems concluded with these lines from a poem called “The Chaste Wife” by the poet Meng Jiao (715-814) :
She will not break faith like the changeable waves.
A wife’s heart is like the water in an old well.
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (hot wife by gershon hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui