gershon hepner Poems
- Abraham My language always is precise, but I’m prepared to ...
- Once You Touch A Butterfly Once you touch a butterfly it ...
- Accidental Beauty The beauty of a ruin may be ...
- Thong Of almost bare, the derriere of women wearing ...
- Accentuate The Positive Accentuate the positive, I said, ...
- Portrait Of A Marriage Before the marriage can been ...
- Doors I Never Close Doors I never close cause millions of ...
I am a physician who was educated in England and moved to the US in 1968 and to LA in 1976. In addition I am a scholar of the Hebrew Bible, and have written a book, Legal Friction: Law, Narrative and Identity Politics in Biblical Israel, published by Peter Lang Publishing in 2010. I am the father of four children who are all above average, and grandfather of nine exceptional grandchildren. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
My language always is precise,
but I’m prepared to take advice
from people who can’t follow what
I’m saying. When I’m being hot,
some people cannot understand
my arguments since they’re not bland,
and even when they see I’m pensive,
they sometimes find my words offensive.
Although I try to be pellucid,
it is a nuisance that is deucèd
that I should be accused of being
obscure when I am disagreeing
with people who do not esteem
my words. It wasn’t Ibrahim
who walked with Ishmael to Moriah,
but Abraham who lit the fire
beneath young Isaac. ...