There is chaos all around,
people busy with their chores.
No one realizes,
how far does this goes.
Every morning a fresh start,
with the sun smiling over me.
But still there is something,
I miss around me.
I dream t of stars,
and moon and light.
But all i can see,
is darkness very wide.
You promised to stand by me,
Forever, in sorrows and in pain.
But you left me halfway,
wondering what i have gained.
For all the days and nights,
spent with you around me.
I wish it could have been a dream,
so that i would wake up keen.
Now that you are gone,
leaving your memories behind.
There still lies some hope,
inside of me which keeps me waiting.
Endless hope that i have developed,
and will follow the same.
Until i see u coming,
and holding me tight to never leave me again..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope by Roshni Patel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V