Hope begins to rise,
Like an animal has been adopted.
But when I begin to hope,
And think it'll come true.
Hope is nothing to be relied on,
Hope is nothing but a dream.
Either hope is nice,
But no one comes through.
Hope to me,
Is like being treated like trash.
Everyone has their opinions,
But to tell you the complete truth.
If you have hope,
And what you need or want doesn't happen -
Then you got let down by hope.
Alicia Meyers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope by Alicia Meyers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty