(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Hope, anything that one wants, and at
the moment of 'hope' they do not have.
If hope were a feeling, I would hope,
it be one of honesty and integrity.
I would hope it would be love and empathy.
If hope were a food, I would hope it
would be filled with nourishment.
If hope were music, I would hope, it
was the kind of music, that you loved.
If hope were a sound, I would hope it
would by a symphony of love.
If hope were a religion, I would hope it
was your religion.
If hope were belief, then I would hope,
that belief would be, that there is one
Supreme Being; who is by-lingual and
of all faiths, and all creeds and colors.
If hope were knowledge, I would hope,
it had patience, understanding, the
ability of comprehending the other
persons point of view. I would also hope,
that it had an unquenchable thirst,
to continue to learn by experience and
If hope could be seen, I would hope, all
would see, the good in their fellow man.
If hope were a wish, I would hope
that all your dreams, and ambitions
If hope were you...if hope were me, I
would hope, we never lost sight of
those less fortunate. I would hope
we would never be so self-centered
or busy, that we neglected to extend
a helping hand, to those in need.
Finally if you hope this ends, let me
conclude by saying....
If hope were a human, I would hope, that it
realized, that if we want a better world,
then we have to be better ourselves.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope? by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Am I a cynic?, Khairul Ahsan
- Being Serenaded By Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Message To My Daughter's Grandfather., Tony Adah
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)