Hey, Cruel World
Hey, cruel world.
Leave me alone.
I'm tired and I'm broke.
A bitter old man,
25 years on and im still here,
A blob of blood on a ball of dirt.
When will the madness end?
When the bombs go off?
When your religions die?
When I conform to your every need?
I'm still tired and broke world!
Leave me alone...
Stop knocking at my door,
There is nothing left to save,
If god was alive,
Then he died this way,
Choking on his discontent,
Hey cruel world,
You tied me to the wicker chair,
dressed me in lace and painted my nails.
I can't smile pretty for you no more!
Your demands are insane,
I can't keep up,
How many do I have to buy?
Throw in some knives and you got a deal, world.
I can't have sex no more,
I know your just outside my window, it puts me off.
Will you spread your legs for me, world? ? ?
If I buy a that new car?
If I keep my self clean?
If I buy a little house in a neat little street?
Hey, cruel world.
Don't bother me!
Leave me alone,
I'm still broke and tired.
A blob of blood on a wicker chair,
A neat little house, spreading her legs.
A bitter old man choking on his discontent.
H.J. Shreeve's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey, Cruel World by H.J. Shreeve )
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)