Hey, Cruel World
Hey, cruel world.
Leave me alone.
I'm tired and I'm broke.
A bitter old man,
25 years on and im still here,
A blob of blood on a ball of dirt.
When will the madness end?
When the bombs go off?
When your religions die?
When I conform to your every need?
I'm still tired and broke world!
Leave me alone...
Stop knocking at my door,
There is nothing left to save,
If god was alive,
Then he died this way,
Choking on his discontent,
Hey cruel world,
You tied me to the wicker chair,
dressed me in lace and painted my nails.
I can't smile pretty for you no more!
Your demands are insane,
I can't keep up,
How many do I have to buy?
Throw in some knives and you got a deal, world.
I can't have sex no more,
I know your just outside my window, it puts me off.
Will you spread your legs for me, world? ? ?
If I buy a that new car?
If I keep my self clean?
If I buy a little house in a neat little street?
Hey, cruel world.
Don't bother me!
Leave me alone,
I'm still broke and tired.
A blob of blood on a wicker chair,
A neat little house, spreading her legs.
A bitter old man choking on his discontent.
H.J. Shreeve's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey, Cruel World by H.J. Shreeve )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai
- When Times Will Ring with Bells, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hurling themselves over the rocks, Emmanuel George Cefai