Hey, Cruel World
Hey, cruel world.
Leave me alone.
I'm tired and I'm broke.
A bitter old man,
25 years on and im still here,
A blob of blood on a ball of dirt.
When will the madness end?
When the bombs go off?
When your religions die?
When I conform to your every need?
I'm still tired and broke world!
Leave me alone...
Stop knocking at my door,
There is nothing left to save,
If god was alive,
Then he died this way,
Choking on his discontent,
Hey cruel world,
You tied me to the wicker chair,
dressed me in lace and painted my nails.
I can't smile pretty for you no more!
Your demands are insane,
I can't keep up,
How many do I have to buy?
Throw in some knives and you got a deal, world.
I can't have sex no more,
I know your just outside my window, it puts me off.
Will you spread your legs for me, world? ? ?
If I buy a that new car?
If I keep my self clean?
If I buy a little house in a neat little street?
Hey, cruel world.
Don't bother me!
Leave me alone,
I'm still broke and tired.
A blob of blood on a wicker chair,
A neat little house, spreading her legs.
A bitter old man choking on his discontent.
H.J. Shreeve's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey, Cruel World by H.J. Shreeve )
- For stability, hasmukh amathalal
- An Appeal., Amitava Sur
- To boost, hasmukh amathalal
- The Contract, Joshua Hillard
- A mourning heart, Didith Marcelo
- Golden Moments, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Nothing to recover, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful drive, hasmukh amathalal
- With A Statue of Lord Buddha, Toured I F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mountpleasant, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- TO DEATH, Robert Herrick
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)