You Grind Your Teeth When You Sleep
You grind your teeth when sleeping.
Not that it bothers me, but yet I wonder.
Are you angry with me?
Was it something I said?
I am a man easily misunderstood.
Are you dreaming of another man?
Caressing your loins,
kissing your breasts,
I remember how much you used to like that.
Is it your mothers drinking?
Her self destructive ways?
The new husband who hits her?
Something so insignificant has captured my train of thought.
You grind your teeth when you're sleeping,
It bothers me.
H.J. Shreeve's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Grind Your Teeth When You Sleep by H.J. Shreeve )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty