Heaven In My Heart
Jesus resides in the chamber of my once distraught heart,
The human flesh tabernacle which now contains the entire Heaven;
The gross misfeasance, as it seems, from the most generous Creator and Redeemer.
But God is Grace, and Grace longs to give Self up, to impart
Himself upon any unworthy fickle but contrite heart,
Which often does not seem to fit to welcome, not alone to contain.
Thus, celestial hosts envy my heart that is now allowed to enclose the Divine;
Angels dare not enter in, but only to adore afar from the doorstep of my soul
While my God, my Beloved, is resting in the very center of our intimate repose;
The earthly dwelling of a God is my soft vulnerable glum human heart;
For Glory is His if human weakness is mine;
No treasure is sought after if the quest is not a fine binding.
Thus conversing with Him will make my heart grow leap and bounds.
My Lord then shall heap His blessings and riches boundlessly
Upon His servant who has spent time to contemplate the ancient Divinity;
He has longed to be his Jesus' companion while forgetting the whole world,
While finding more creative ways to sing in praise,
To set ablaze the perpetual flame in his unworthy sorrowful heart
In order to say that he loves Him with the deepest sincerity,
Fully aware of the fact that he in effect
Has traded in his nothingness to acquire the greatest Divine riches.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven In My Heart by Don Nguyen )
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)