The azure sky looked as if the
Creator had taken a broom and
swept all the clouds away.
The sun was unobstructedly
piercing the face of the earth.
There I was drowsily sitting on a
stone under a shrub in my garden.
Every cell in my mind was
working overtime as I tried to
dissect the issue that led to break up.
Everything didn't make sense.
A couple of momments prior to
this my fiancee had unloaded the
news of the breakup.
The nicely selected words drooled
out of her mouth, flew in the air
to reach my ears.
Like water going down the drain
the words flowed to my heart
which was instantly shattered to
The sound of the heart break
startled my neighbour who ran to
peep through the wall.
Here I am now under the shrub
trying to nurse a heart break.
Super glue is failing to mend the
pieces back together.
Itai Oscar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart Break by Itai Oscar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones