The azure sky looked as if the
Creator had taken a broom and
swept all the clouds away.
The sun was unobstructedly
piercing the face of the earth.
There I was drowsily sitting on a
stone under a shrub in my garden.
Every cell in my mind was
working overtime as I tried to
dissect the issue that led to break up.
Everything didn't make sense.
A couple of momments prior to
this my fiancee had unloaded the
news of the breakup.
The nicely selected words drooled
out of her mouth, flew in the air
to reach my ears.
Like water going down the drain
the words flowed to my heart
which was instantly shattered to
The sound of the heart break
startled my neighbour who ran to
peep through the wall.
Here I am now under the shrub
trying to nurse a heart break.
Super glue is failing to mend the
pieces back together.
Itai Oscar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart Break by Itai Oscar )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns