I enjoy wishing all a very Merry Christmas
Even to the people that I do not know
Especially when I go out Christmas shopping
And blush-fully when I stand underneath the mistletoe.
I savor sending out my many Christmas cards
To all of my family and also all of my friends
I relish in giving out those many Christmas wishes
And the Christmas parties, them all I try to attend.
I get so excited in decorating my house
With the Christmas tree and the lights around the roof
And the garland that hangs upon my front door
I have the Christmas spirit, as I am its proof.
I am so thrilled to watch the Christmas parade
And the many thoughtful and happy Christmas shows
I so much enjoy setting up my Christmas decorations
I even like it, when I wear my Christmas clothes.
This time of year has made me a more generous person
Especially more so if the snow has begun to fall
My joy and happiness I can never suppress it
So, I like to smile and say Merry Christmas to all.
Christmas times I remember them well from my youth
Opening presents, singing songs and eating Christmas dinner
My Christmas now isn't dead, but surely it is dying
No longer am I Santa Claus, I am now the breadwinner.
My Christmas wishes to all has now been changed
Because of judges and laws I must change that one glorious phrase
Even though I am still allowed to celebrate my Christmas time
I can now only wish everyone, Happy Holidays.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Holidays by Randy McClave )
- Mercenary, Babatunde Aremu
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
- On A Calm Summer Night, Eve Carter
- Accepting Human Nature, Ima Ryma
- and then a cliff where i fall again., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Coat, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- November, Thomas Hood
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)