I enjoy wishing all a very Merry Christmas
Even to the people that I do not know;
Especially when I go out Christmas shopping
And blush-fully when I stand underneath the mistletoe.
I savor sending out my many Christmas cards
To all of my family and also to all of my friends;
I relish in giving out those many Christmas wishes
And those Christmas parties, them all I try to attend.
I get so excited in decorating my house
With the Christmas tree and the lights around the roof;
And the garland and the wreath that hangs upon my front door
I have the Christmas spirit, as I am its proof.
I am so thrilled to watch the Christmas parade
And the many thoughtful and happy Christmas shows;
I so much enjoy setting up my Christmas decorations
I even like it, when I wear my Christmas clothes.
This time of year has made me a more generous person
Especially more so, if the snow has begun to fall;
My joy and my happiness I can never suppress it
So, I like to smile and say Merry Christmas to one and all.
Christmas times I remember them well from my youth
Opening presents, singing songs and eating a Christmas dinner;
My Christmas now isn't dead, but surely it is dying
No longer am I Santa Claus, I am now the breadwinner.
My Christmas wishes to all has now been changed
Because of judges and laws I must change that one glorious phrase;
Even though I am still allowed to celebrate my Christmas time
I can now only wish everyone; Happy Holidays.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Holidays by Randy McClave )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Gedicht in een doekje, Madrason writer
- To Marian Haddad, -A Token Of Friendship., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- When the Colors Change, W.F.D. BLCK
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin