GREATNESS OF MOTHER
Oh! great mother, you are the one
Who invited me into this world.
You made me eat showing the moon and
You told me that I am your boon.
God is the one who gives us gifts
But you are the most precious gift of all to me.
Oh! great mother, you tell me about God
Who is very important to us all.
But to me you and father are the most beloved in this world.
God is invisible and far from me
But you are visible and very close to me.
When I see you, my mom my tensions all will vanish.
God can`t be everywhere just as idols in temples
So he has has come in the disguise of mother.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (GREATNESS OF MOTHER by P.YASWANTH REDDY )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
James Weldon Johnson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro