Today's the day we honor you, send love and blessings too.
Our prayers for you to know true joy through what you say and do.
Rejoice in your accomplishments for you have come so far,
A milestone and a victory that's brought you where you are.
And as you hold your head up high, embrace that scroll in hand,
Just hold that vision of the joy and honor where you stand.
For this exhilaration is the power that you'll find,
Propels and fuels the dreams you dream, the passions in your mind.
Those dreams can take you anywhere; believe that you can be
And settle not for getting by or mediocrity.
Enjoy and celebrate your day; remember as you go,
Your past and all your memories, the happiness you know.
Hold this treasure in your heart and walk with pride today.
Your road ahead has just begun; you'll soon be on your way.
A road that's filled with obstacles and opportunity;
Your choice to see what you will see, to be what you will be.
One door will close with scroll in hand, your gateway to begin;
With seeds to be a shining star whose time has come to win.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Graduation Day by Ruth Kuttler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber