Today's the day we honor you, send love and blessings too.
Our prayers for you to know true joy through what you say and do.
Rejoice in your accomplishments for you have come so far,
A milestone and a victory that's brought you where you are.
And as you hold your head up high, embrace that scroll in hand,
Just hold that vision of the joy and honor where you stand.
For this exhilaration is the power that you'll find,
Propels and fuels the dreams you dream, the passions in your mind.
Those dreams can take you anywhere; believe that you can be
And settle not for getting by or mediocrity.
Enjoy and celebrate your day; remember as you go,
Your past and all your memories, the happiness you know.
Hold this treasure in your heart and walk with pride today.
Your road ahead has just begun; you'll soon be on your way.
A road that's filled with obstacles and opportunity;
Your choice to see what you will see, to be what you will be.
One door will close with scroll in hand, your gateway to begin;
With seeds to be a shining star whose time has come to win.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Graduation Day by Ruth Kuttler )
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)