Udiah (witness to Yah)
Good Ole Jack
I once knew a man
Who was known as Jack
A name to which many lay claim
It's hidden you know
Within Gaelic bro
As found in the surname Mac
That dirty ole Jack
So sneaky in fact
He stole the best blessings of bro
Seems he did take aim
At winning the game
When other meanings they lack
Yep, he'd set them up
And then watch them grow
For a fall of God's Holy Name
I do wonder still
What is in God's Will
As for one John and his wits?
'Ask NOT what your country can do for you
Ask what you can do for your country.'
Wow, even in The Celtic bro
That must have hit low
Maybe ‘twas the Fitz
Or survival in God's midst?
Udiah (witness to Yah)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Ole Jack by Udiah (witness to Yah) )
Did you read them?
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid