Give Friendship a Little Time
Let’s have a seat and talk a while,
About the friendship that makes us smile
About yesteryears that came our way
That made us who we are today.
Let’s look back to the friends that we were once
As Classmates and lovers of a short-lived romance
The joys and pains of youth that we once had
Can we forget them just as that?
Let’s sit and talk a while,
Of the friendship that we now have;
Tamed and responsible as it should,
Like the matured people that we are now.
Isn’t it nice that we have each other now?
Not as classmate, nor lovers but best friends?
Isn’t it great that after all those long years of being apart
We managed to reconnect and make a new start?
So let’s sit and talk awhile
Talk about the beautiful friendship that we now have,
How this friendship brings out the best in me,
The way it brings out the best in you.
chinkyeyed lady's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Friendship a Little Time by chinkyeyed lady )
- You, Yohan Confectioner
- this happiness, noel maddock
- Loves Philosophy, Yohan Confectioner
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)