Gift for Leueen
This child of dreams
Found granting the blessing of her company,
not to the exalted, , who want for nothing,
but among those laid low and hard pressed.
It was easy..she met me here,
Her path cleared by the west wind
No need for the sun, she carries her own light...
an ember she plants in your breast that warms with time
Run, tell the King!
Ah, I thought at first he had ruined me with an impossible task!
'Go, find for me the fairest', he said
Why is it Kings
Say such things?
But I laid my heart close to the ground
and listened to the earth mother whisper,
'You will know her by a sign that you don't understand,
and a face you cannot see'
and how could I have guessed,
How was I to know,
that I would be so blessed
'neath the Rose and the Halo.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gift for Leueen by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Dark, Thoko Mangena
- Puppet of Dream, Aftab Alam
- Allegorose: Children - Life's Most Preci.., Dr John Celes
- Mandelstam's Ghost Returns Too Early, mary douglas
- OUR MOSQUES ARE GREAT PLACES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blue Distances Don't Make Me Cry the Way.., mary douglas
- Capture the Beauty, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- 'My true love', Wolfie Scott
- I Am the True Giselle She Said, She Did .., mary douglas
- Azul, mary douglas