Gift for Leueen
This child of dreams
Found granting the blessing of her company,
not to the exalted, , who want for nothing,
but among those laid low and hard pressed.
It was easy..she met me here,
Her path cleared by the west wind
No need for the sun, she carries her own light...
an ember she plants in your breast that warms with time
Run, tell the King!
Ah, I thought at first he had ruined me with an impossible task!
'Go, find for me the fairest', he said
Why is it Kings
Say such things?
But I laid my heart close to the ground
and listened to the earth mother whisper,
'You will know her by a sign that you don't understand,
and a face you cannot see'
and how could I have guessed,
How was I to know,
that I would be so blessed
'neath the Rose and the Halo.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gift for Leueen by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman