Ghost Or Dream
'Who are you sir? What do you want? '
But the stranger would not say
'Dammit sir, I demand to know'
But he just turned and walked away
As I watched, the stranger walked
Slowly across the room
Then vanished without a sound
Into the growing gloom
An icy chill enveloped me
And I felt my body shake
If this is a dream I want it no more
I want to be awake
I cannot rise up off my bed
No matter how hard I try
My face is wet from the many tears
As I begin to cry
Why did the stranger visit me
And fill me with such dread
Was he here to claim my soul?
Am I really dead?
Suddenly I'm sitting up
And I let out a piercing scream
Was it a ghost from my past
Or just a horrible dream.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ghost Or Dream by Philip Carter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Photo, Kenneth Winstanley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui