Tu Fu (712-770 / Gong County / China)
Gazing at the Sacred Peak
For all this, what is the mountain god like?
An unending green of lands north and south:
From ethereal beauty Creation distills
There, yin and yang split dusk and dawn.
Swelling clouds sweep by. Returning birds
Ruin my eyes vanishing. One day soon,
At the summit, the other mountains will be
Small enough to hold, all in a single glance.
Poet Other Poems
- Alone, Looking for Blossoms Along the Ri...
- Ballad of the Army Carts
- Ballad of the Old Cypress
- By the Lake
- Day's End
- Dreaming of Li Po
- Full Moon
- Gazing at the Sacred Peak
- Moonlit Night
- Morning Rain
- On a Prospect of T'ai-shan
- On Seeing a Pupil of Kung-sun Dance the ...
- Overnight at the Riverside Tower
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.