Gardenias whisper secrets
in the ears of young girls.
Gardenias promise love and proms,
everlasting youth and joy.
Gardenias and young girls belong together.
Even years later, they continue to exude
from the pages of books
where they have been lovingly sheltered.
Gardenias still bloom in my garden.
I pick them reverently,
and place them in bowls
where they fill my room
with the fragrant essence
of young girls.
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gardenias by June Stepansky )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis