Our friendship is round,
Just like a ring.
Where it will end or begin.
Nobody knows how it will go,
Or if it will last forever so,
Use it wisely and have fun,
Keep it with you just like the sun.
Treasure it always, put it in your heart,
And take it out some day that is cold, dreary and dark.
Look after your friendship,
You may only get one chance.
Your first and your last,
No time to enhance.
Save it for one day
When we're old and grey,
And let us hope that on that day,
We will think of our friendship and say,
She was a friend, so was he,
But hopefully no one would have been a greater friend than thee.
Although a guy might have your ring,
Our friendship has still been a marvellous thing.
Stephanie Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Stephanie Smith )
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis