Our friendship is round,
Just like a ring.
Where it will end or begin.
Nobody knows how it will go,
Or if it will last forever so,
Use it wisely and have fun,
Keep it with you just like the sun.
Treasure it always, put it in your heart,
And take it out some day that is cold, dreary and dark.
Look after your friendship,
You may only get one chance.
Your first and your last,
No time to enhance.
Save it for one day
When we're old and grey,
And let us hope that on that day,
We will think of our friendship and say,
She was a friend, so was he,
But hopefully no one would have been a greater friend than thee.
Although a guy might have your ring,
Our friendship has still been a marvellous thing.
Stephanie Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Stephanie Smith )
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
- Life and Me., silenced work
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)