Our friendship is round,
Just like a ring.
Where it will end or begin.
Nobody knows how it will go,
Or if it will last forever so,
Use it wisely and have fun,
Keep it with you just like the sun.
Treasure it always, put it in your heart,
And take it out some day that is cold, dreary and dark.
Look after your friendship,
You may only get one chance.
Your first and your last,
No time to enhance.
Save it for one day
When we're old and grey,
And let us hope that on that day,
We will think of our friendship and say,
She was a friend, so was he,
But hopefully no one would have been a greater friend than thee.
Although a guy might have your ring,
Our friendship has still been a marvellous thing.
Stephanie Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Stephanie Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid