perrVyyn Rooyinton kaVrana kaVrana
All humans choose to succeed,
For some the path is very speedy;
Some humans also choose greed,
For some the way up, is rather very seedy.
The pathway up with dear God and Jesus,
Is smooth, bereft of thorns, weeds;
But, some opt to travel by another bus,
To sow of their life, unhealthy seeds.
The devil will ever misguide and deceive,
By showing the colourful way of being;
What glitters is not gold that you receive,
It mainly differs, everyone’s way of seeing.
The devil shows quick ways to make a buck,
Those with a weak willpower will fall prey;
Once the glitter fades, you’ll be out of luck,
And then will you, to God, turn to pray? ? ? ? ?
How can anyone ever be so inane and green? ? ?
Fall for fast cash and offers of the lucre or lust? ?
The devil will always be an entity that’s very mean,
But God, his Agents will always be loving and just.
Life here on earth is for a very short time & span,
As we sow, so shall we reap–that’s the divine rule;
Always trust in God and do the best you can,
The devil will cheat but God will never you, fool.
Topic of this poem: life
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Choosing Satan over GOD translates to an eternity in HELL with little or no hope of being rescued... when it is too late to have regrets!
Comments about this poem (FrEeWiLl by perrVyyn Rooyinton kaVrana kaVrana )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney
- Theoretically Squeaking, michael walkerjohn
- Interior Life's Library, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why I Love writing Poetry?, Hebert Logerie
- Enjoyable Times, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Regions Of Silent Atmospheres, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Switching Parties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spiral Interpretations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak