To perceive what is illusory and false
And discard them at first chance
Is called intelligence
If it is not done
They will come and make life miserable
Thrusting upon it
Disorder and contradiction
To live in peace
One has to find out what is disorder
And what are the causes behind it
They are many,
Saying one thing and doing the other Is one of them
And behind all these causes
There is one root cause
That is me, myself and ego.
We have acquired immense knowledge
But it fails to transform us
We have no integrity or a real freedom.
A freedom without choice
When one is clear in one’s ability
To think objectively and precisely,
Where does a person need to choose?
It is only a confused mind that chooses.
So what is freedom?
Freedom is not the opposite of imprisonment
Nor it seeks an escape from anything
Rather it tries to find out what makes one to fear
Find the cause out and cure it
And be free.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>>Freedom by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver