To perceive what is illusory and false
And discard them at first chance
Is called intelligence
If it is not done
They will come and make life miserable
Thrusting upon it
Disorder and contradiction
To live in peace
One has to find out what is disorder
And what are the causes behind it
They are many,
Saying one thing and doing the other Is one of them
And behind all these causes
There is one root cause
That is me, myself and ego.
We have acquired immense knowledge
But it fails to transform us
We have no integrity or a real freedom.
A freedom without choice
When one is clear in one’s ability
To think objectively and precisely,
Where does a person need to choose?
It is only a confused mind that chooses.
So what is freedom?
Freedom is not the opposite of imprisonment
Nor it seeks an escape from anything
Rather it tries to find out what makes one to fear
Find the cause out and cure it
And be free.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>>Freedom by Abdul Wahab )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
James Weldon Johnson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro