To perceive what is illusory and false
And discard them at first chance
Is called intelligence
If it is not done
They will come and make life miserable
Thrusting upon it
Disorder and contradiction
To live in peace
One has to find out what is disorder
And what are the causes behind it
They are many,
Saying one thing and doing the other Is one of them
And behind all these causes
There is one root cause
That is me, myself and ego.
We have acquired immense knowledge
But it fails to transform us
We have no integrity or a real freedom.
A freedom without choice
When one is clear in one’s ability
To think objectively and precisely,
Where does a person need to choose?
It is only a confused mind that chooses.
So what is freedom?
Freedom is not the opposite of imprisonment
Nor it seeks an escape from anything
Rather it tries to find out what makes one to fear
Find the cause out and cure it
And be free.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>>Freedom by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- fishing stream, lee fones
- Where is the tiger, gajanan mishra
- Only In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery