To perceive what is illusory and false
And discard them at first chance
Is called intelligence
If it is not done
They will come and make life miserable
Thrusting upon it
Disorder and contradiction
To live in peace
One has to find out what is disorder
And what are the causes behind it
They are many,
Saying one thing and doing the other Is one of them
And behind all these causes
There is one root cause
That is me, myself and ego.
We have acquired immense knowledge
But it fails to transform us
We have no integrity or a real freedom.
A freedom without choice
When one is clear in one’s ability
To think objectively and precisely,
Where does a person need to choose?
It is only a confused mind that chooses.
So what is freedom?
Freedom is not the opposite of imprisonment
Nor it seeks an escape from anything
Rather it tries to find out what makes one to fear
Find the cause out and cure it
And be free.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>>Freedom by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- THE TREACHEROUS SEA البحر الغدار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poem En Duo, Abekah Emmanuel
- A COFFEE KETTLE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Shadow of Sorrow, Mark R. Elias
- The Need For You, Manauwer Raza
- Shooting Star, Jacqueline Nash
- Take Back Health, Bud Taylor
- Anger, Savita Tyagi
- Random Thought lll, Savita Tyagi
- Freedom, Lawrence S. Pertillar