Glen Martin Fitch
you've got to try
and yet not try.
It's getting out there.
If it's up to chance
You've got to snap out of
self-pity's trance and,
go roam where options lie.
While true to yourself,
striving for your prime,
let others spy,
at rest in work or jest,
you look and act and be you
at your best.
This will take effort,
practice, thought and time.
that sudden thrill
by scent or tone or spark,
that makes you crave,
while sensing this is silly,
and yet grave,
another's dreams you can fulfill.
many loves are lost
for lack of will,
love comes only to the brave.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FREE ADVICE by Glen Martin Fitch )
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)