Hey, look here I'm singing to this beat.Not standing on my feet.Wish I
could eat some beets.And the army's starting a new fleet.And these
days it's not safe to eat.Better watch what you drink.Don't sip on
that lean.Hold off on the weed.Even if your in the time of need.You
better just call me.For I don't judge you for who you wanna be.We can
both kick it and you dont need drugs.To have fun.Watchout you might
end up on the rug.Only you can promise me.That you'll save me some
buns.I'm hungry.Waiting for my burger.Trying not to be angry.I know it
won't take me further.To get out in the day.And not have my peace.I
just wanna get down on my knees.And ask to be released.Chain off my
neck and hope people get freed right after me.
Garrett Nakai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Free by Garrett Nakai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK