Don't let your halo choke you to death.
It's hanging around your damn neck!
Thoughts of fear sprout out of the walls
They garnish the corners, they spread on the floor.
Lost in this other dimension I created.
Somewhere between delusions, the war begins.
Losing myself to this nonsense!
Leave me to my sorrows until I fade away;
Till I'm nothing but a spirit and I lose this form of clay.
All the feelings that I hide;
Tearing me up inside!
I never get respect!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forsaken by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck