Don't let your halo choke you to death.
It's hanging around your damn neck!
Thoughts of fear sprout out of the walls
They garnish the corners, they spread on the floor.
Lost in this other dimension I created.
Somewhere between delusions, the war begins.
Losing myself to this nonsense!
Leave me to my sorrows until I fade away;
Till I'm nothing but a spirit and I lose this form of clay.
All the feelings that I hide;
Tearing me up inside!
I never get respect!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forsaken by Sameera Alshaikh )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns