Stevie Taite (30th January 1973 / Kent, England)
For the sake of the fairies
It's important that everyone tries
To capitalise their pronoun I's
For when a person doesn't
A grammar fairy dies
When a child writes out the alphabet
for practice so they don't forget
All fairies are quite safe
(phew, you were worried there, I bet!)
obviously it would be absurd
if the i was in a word.
Too many would have passed
6, in this stanza you've just heard
Forgetting at a sentence start
Well, that would stop a fairies heart
Correct, 'for its to late and
Reverse their cardiac infarct!
I hope now that you realise
you'll never dot the pronoun I's
It's you! so make it count
and save those little lives!
Poet Other Poems
- A Lesson On Poetry From My Five Year Old
- A Quiet Side Street
- A to Z of A body completing demanding ex...
- A to Z of less able exerciser!
- A Writers' Zen
- Affliction or Blessing?
- Angels fall
- Another limerick about the limerick mast...
- Answered in dreams (a bit saucy)
- Autumn 's waking mutants!
- Before A*
- Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
- Black and Gold
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.