Flies and Men
Why should not every fly deserve an epitaph,
distinctive niche retain to archive its descent
glorify each strain, decode genetic ascent,
to measure time thereby upon a six foot graph?
Why should each tail-less Man detail pathetic trace,
pollute the atmosphere with ashes, crush the grass
beneath a heavy bier, hard headstone where 'alas'
not R.I.P. aside sums up his tale of grace?
If life is chyrsalid between two karmic dreams
why care a tinker's curse for hearse or ashes spread,
or passing sigh rehearse, then in time's web all bed
sums all - kid, spell, sell, bid, knell, hid, hubbub's extremes.
Time flies with wings nor sect, nor insect may restrain,
rhyme sighs: 'Time's stings' respect, yet stay telomeres' strain.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flies and Men by Jonathan ROBIN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Peaceful Faculty-4, Pranab K. Chakraborty