Flights of Fancy - Acrostic Sonnet
For generations, since prehistory,
Life rising symbolised the soul’s redemption.
In flights of fancy all religions mention
Gesture rites to set bright spirit free.
‘Here’ and ‘now’ mean little. Ecstasy
Takes man’s kaa beyond mundane convention
Seeking enlightenment where apprehension
Or instinct’s fears, dissolves, and where ‘to be’
For once is not an empty phrase. ‘To see’
For once may stand for inner comprehension,
Adds up to enlightenment’s obtention –
Never can be gift hereditary.
Create within your mind that freedom where
Your soul discovers flightpath through the air...
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flights of Fancy - Acrostic Sonnet by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Bless each palo verde bloom -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Inner Abilities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Old age doesn't exist for all, Amy Michelle Mosier
- On Havana's white shore -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- I have nothing to offer, Amy Michelle Mosier