Flights of Fancy - Acrostic Sonnet
For generations, since prehistory,
Life rising symbolised the soul’s redemption.
In flights of fancy all religions mention
Gesture rites to set bright spirit free.
‘Here’ and ‘now’ mean little. Ecstasy
Takes man’s kaa beyond mundane convention
Seeking enlightenment where apprehension
Or instinct’s fears, dissolves, and where ‘to be’
For once is not an empty phrase. ‘To see’
For once may stand for inner comprehension,
Adds up to enlightenment’s obtention –
Never can be gift hereditary.
Create within your mind that freedom where
Your soul discovers flightpath through the air...
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flights of Fancy - Acrostic Sonnet by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang