Fearful but tempting
Alone in a thick grove of mango and coconuts for an evening stroll
Suddenly strong winds and overcast sky indicating imminent down pour
Along with descending darkness the roar of rains nearing through trees around
Brings the cheer with an unknown fear yet my heart craves for the experience
The raging waters of a swollen river overflowing its banks with deafening noise
Sweeping away everything coming on its way with unmatched swiftness
A lurking fear spreading my spine yet my heart craves for that experience
Watching a movie loaded with horror in a secluded place all alone far from the crowds
The power goes off yet the movie goes on dreaded to think yet my heart craves for
Wishful these are seldom enjoyable yet a temptation exists to undergo such things!
Somanathan Iyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fearful but tempting by Somanathan Iyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico
- T. V. Premiere, Sandra Feldman