by Alex Lewis
Today is Father's Day-
So joyous and so gay!
Unless you're me,
For me, it's Father(less) Day.
He died three nights ago, I say.
Don't pity me, give me none!
If it were up to me, his death would not be done.
If you commit suicide, there's a lonely funeral.
No one will pity you for wearing red before the bull.
He killed himself; I don't notice he's alive.
Such selfishness and stupidity would get none to revive.
I will say
It's Father(less) Day
For me and for me (alone) .
Do not cry! Do not groan!
This day is today (whatever may be(!))
It's Father(less) Day (for me) .
Alex Lewis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father(less) Day by Alex Lewis )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey