by Alex Lewis
Today is Father's Day-
So joyous and so gay!
Unless you're me,
For me, it's Father(less) Day.
He died three nights ago, I say.
Don't pity me, give me none!
If it were up to me, his death would not be done.
If you commit suicide, there's a lonely funeral.
No one will pity you for wearing red before the bull.
He killed himself; I don't notice he's alive.
Such selfishness and stupidity would get none to revive.
I will say
It's Father(less) Day
For me and for me (alone) .
Do not cry! Do not groan!
This day is today (whatever may be(!))
It's Father(less) Day (for me) .
Alex Lewis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father(less) Day by Alex Lewis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen
- Terminus, Concedo Nulli, Guillermo Veloso
- George Moir Black, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest