Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
At 180 does the fast train go
From Sheffield to London and back again.
Stopping at Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester,
It goes to London town and then
It returns to Sheffield with more passengers
In two hours seven minutes flat.
It travels much faster than a speeding bullet,
Or than a shuttlecock hit by a bat.
Run by East Midlands Trains,
And Midland Mainline before,
And by Intercity before that,
A fast journey they had in store.
From Sheffield to London and back again,
The fast train speeds along
A railway that links those towns,
And is the subject of this song.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faster Than a Speeding Bullet by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher