Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
At 180 does the fast train go
From Sheffield to London and back again.
Stopping at Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester,
It goes to London town and then
It returns to Sheffield with more passengers
In two hours seven minutes flat.
It travels much faster than a speeding bullet,
Or than a shuttlecock hit by a bat.
Run by East Midlands Trains,
And Midland Mainline before,
And by Intercity before that,
A fast journey they had in store.
From Sheffield to London and back again,
The fast train speeds along
A railway that links those towns,
And is the subject of this song.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faster Than a Speeding Bullet by Andrew Hamm )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam