Hmm, to think I still think of you
On the other side of the world.
What were you to me?
A friend or even more?
As you left I felt little anger or sadness
But joy that you were following your dream.
And when you come back here
I will be waiting, the same as I ever was.
A pitty how little progress I have made.
To slack off and just roll on each day.
Where is my drive, my motivation? !
Why can't I be more like you? !
What is holding me back? !
I wish We could trade places,
If only I could move as far as you...
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Far Away by Devon McElveen )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke