Hmm, to think I still think of you
On the other side of the world.
What were you to me?
A friend or even more?
As you left I felt little anger or sadness
But joy that you were following your dream.
And when you come back here
I will be waiting, the same as I ever was.
A pitty how little progress I have made.
To slack off and just roll on each day.
Where is my drive, my motivation? !
Why can't I be more like you? !
What is holding me back? !
I wish We could trade places,
If only I could move as far as you...
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Far Away by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche