It seems like you're far
Even though its been day or Few
We haven't talked.
It seems like you're untouchable,
Like the diamonds in the sky
I sit and wonder why
I don't ask for much
You know I am a humble soul,
I just ask for some attention
I just ask for your existence
I don't know how to explain
I can't plead you for love,
Or beg you to keep in touch
You got to do it your own
You're a red rose
You can hurt people sometimes when they hold you,
And You can also nourish people when they look at you.
You have something inordinary about you
Maybe thats the reason I'm deeply attached to you.
Your lips are soft as silk,
And your touch gives me the chills.
I don't know there is something in you thats different than all I have seen
Is it the smile?
Is it the walk?
Is it your talk?
Is it your heart?
Is it your eagerness?
Or is it that you are the only one who has conquered my heart.
Stole my heart from out of the blues.
Never asked for permission.
You just stole it and I was silent.
For the second time, I had fell in love
You were always there
But never saw you between six million,
Never did I imagine
I would write a poem about You from the deepest part in my heart.
Never did I imagine,
I would love a person and hold on to them,
Just for our bright future.
Ala' Elouri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Far by Ala' Elouri )
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
- Romeos morning serenade climb, Mark Heathcote
- Screamers, Lev Brekhman
- Bitter lament, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)