It seems like you're far
Even though its been day or Few
We haven't talked.
It seems like you're untouchable,
Like the diamonds in the sky
I sit and wonder why
I don't ask for much
You know I am a humble soul,
I just ask for some attention
I just ask for your existence
I don't know how to explain
I can't plead you for love,
Or beg you to keep in touch
You got to do it your own
You're a red rose
You can hurt people sometimes when they hold you,
And You can also nourish people when they look at you.
You have something inordinary about you
Maybe thats the reason I'm deeply attached to you.
Your lips are soft as silk,
And your touch gives me the chills.
I don't know there is something in you thats different than all I have seen
Is it the smile?
Is it the walk?
Is it your talk?
Is it your heart?
Is it your eagerness?
Or is it that you are the only one who has conquered my heart.
Stole my heart from out of the blues.
Never asked for permission.
You just stole it and I was silent.
For the second time, I had fell in love
You were always there
But never saw you between six million,
Never did I imagine
I would write a poem about You from the deepest part in my heart.
Never did I imagine,
I would love a person and hold on to them,
Just for our bright future.
Ala' Elouri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Far by Ala' Elouri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- To See Him Again, Gabriela Mistral
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo