You come on my mind sometimes,
I mean most of the time.
I remember how we used to be in love and how I planned my future dreams with you.
I remember how much a phone call would cost you,
I remember how hard for me you tried,:
And how hard you tried to Please,
And how ridiciously you did cheat,
I remember your hazel eyes
And the smell of your musk on Your skin,
Yes I do.
I left you without a goodbye
Or a reply
I had to do what I did,
I had gave you so many chances,
And begged you so many times
And you never heard my voice
I cried and you continued in life, as if you didn't see my tears.
I was starting to fade,
I did the same
I fell for someone else
I gave my soul to this person
He promised that we would have every year a new anniversry,
He promised he wouldn't leave
He let me follow his cultures and dreams,
He introduced me to a mother full of dreams,
He showed me things
You never gave me.
Well I can admit,
he makes me cry sometimes
But atleast he wouldn't hang over on me,
Atleast he never tried to betray me
Atleast he still loves me.
But you were a different story.
You hurt me so badly,
I was willing to forget
Yet you took the oppurtunty for granted.
You thought I would wait
Tell me does love wait?
Don't blame me,
I can't confront you
I can't tell you go away
I'm with someone else
Someone not you
Not your age.
I can't watch the anger rush through your veins,
You still mean something to me
I don't know what you are to me actually
But all I wanted you to know
Is don't worry I'm okay,
I'm nailing to stay with this person as long as my soul gives me breath to breathe.
Yet be thankful, even all you put me through, he is nothing like you.
I didn't find someone like you.
Yet I found someone who knows how to treat his lover better than you.
Forgive me, you still remain in my thoughts, my speech.
Although, hard to be true
It will never be Me and You
Ala' Elouri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear You by Ala' Elouri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram