Danny The Dreamer Boyd
I trod this road a thousand times before,
And every time it someway feels anew;
I seem to yet the same old end renew,
And do, alas, just keep to downwards soar!
I think I hate what's but unknown in store:
And so prolong some faded thoughts with you;
Yet when such sweet, but swift short glints are through:
I'm panged, in pain, and dreary plight deplore.
Then from afar she came, yet with a slap:
Oh hurling bitter hands upon my face,
Reminding me of who but once I was,
And said, 'It's time we tried to bridge this gap:
For you to reach a better brighter place.'
I took her slap and sealed, for now, the cause.
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Familiar Suffering by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- In Praise of Nobility (Eighteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- With silver spoon one, hasmukh amathalal