I wander along these desolate paths,
no sound, no light- just darkness.
The road twists and turns with no sense of direction;
this way and that way.
Blink for a second
and I’m lost.
I shout out for help,
but no sound; just the echo of silence.
The uneven ground on which I stand gives way.
Sinking into the eternal darkness.
Like hallucinations, images flash all around me.
Falling faster, I strain to make sense of what I see.
The image like an imprint in my mind,
a reminder- I recognise her.
As clear as light she’s infront of me
sparkling like a hot summers day.
Something from inside me reaches out.
I try to grasp her; name still alluding me-
with all my might
and she disappears.
I hit the ground and my eyes awake
from my dream- my inner thoughts.
The feeling still remains-
the empty space in my heart
as I still yearn for you; instead
I wander down this desolate path
alone and without you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by Matthew English )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi