I wander along these desolate paths,
no sound, no light- just darkness.
The road twists and turns with no sense of direction;
this way and that way.
Blink for a second
and I’m lost.
I shout out for help,
but no sound; just the echo of silence.
The uneven ground on which I stand gives way.
Sinking into the eternal darkness.
Like hallucinations, images flash all around me.
Falling faster, I strain to make sense of what I see.
The image like an imprint in my mind,
a reminder- I recognise her.
As clear as light she’s infront of me
sparkling like a hot summers day.
Something from inside me reaches out.
I try to grasp her; name still alluding me-
with all my might
and she disappears.
I hit the ground and my eyes awake
from my dream- my inner thoughts.
The feeling still remains-
the empty space in my heart
as I still yearn for you; instead
I wander down this desolate path
alone and without you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by Matthew English )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu