I wander along these desolate paths,
no sound, no light- just darkness.
The road twists and turns with no sense of direction;
this way and that way.
Blink for a second
and I’m lost.
I shout out for help,
but no sound; just the echo of silence.
The uneven ground on which I stand gives way.
Sinking into the eternal darkness.
Like hallucinations, images flash all around me.
Falling faster, I strain to make sense of what I see.
The image like an imprint in my mind,
a reminder- I recognise her.
As clear as light she’s infront of me
sparkling like a hot summers day.
Something from inside me reaches out.
I try to grasp her; name still alluding me-
with all my might
and she disappears.
I hit the ground and my eyes awake
from my dream- my inner thoughts.
The feeling still remains-
the empty space in my heart
as I still yearn for you; instead
I wander down this desolate path
alone and without you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by Matthew English )
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
- Broaden Your Mind, Ronell Warren Alman
- Exaggerating an invisible enemy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- throwing knives at the sun, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)