Lawrence S. Pertillar
Exploring Life Has Its Rewards
Anyone can elect to be whomever they wish.
They can do this in campaigns,
Or in a gathering of forums conducted...
To convince others of like minds,
They have positions of influence.
And it is to their advantage to keep this maintained.
In efforts to refrain from facing their hypocrisies.
Hypocrisies contained without them being challenged.
Those selective of thoughts that exist like this,
Are on top of their own priority list to impress self importance.
But in reality this move they have chosen to approve,
Only keeps them restricted to limits they 'assume' benefits.
Yet diminishes an experience to live lives more fulfilled.
To leave others who do adventure to reveal realities,
With wisdom to acknowledge exploring life has its rewards.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Life Has Its Rewards by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The Search, C J Browning
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)