Lawrence S. Pertillar
Exploring Life Has Its Rewards
Anyone can elect to be whomever they wish.
They can do this in campaigns,
Or in a gathering of forums conducted...
To convince others of like minds,
They have positions of influence.
And it is to their advantage to keep this maintained.
In efforts to refrain from facing their hypocrisies.
Hypocrisies contained without them being challenged.
Those selective of thoughts that exist like this,
Are on top of their own priority list to impress self importance.
But in reality this move they have chosen to approve,
Only keeps them restricted to limits they 'assume' benefits.
Yet diminishes an experience to live lives more fulfilled.
To leave others who do adventure to reveal realities,
With wisdom to acknowledge exploring life has its rewards.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Life Has Its Rewards by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra