I am evil because I love too much,
wanting those I love to keep in touch;
I am evil that I dare to care,
evil that I'm always 'there';
evil. I invite insult;
evil; I deserve the hurt.
I am evil that I wish to protect;
I am evil that I cannot neglect
the needs, or those I mis-perceive
in those who have no need, it seems.
I am evil that I wish to say
how much I love someone today.
I am evil if I self-protect
with reason, tears or intellect.
I am evil if I should expect
love back; for I deserve neglect.
I am evil that I may press on;
for evil people should be gone.
Tara Sloblock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (evil by Tara Sloblock )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar
- From here on in, Tony French
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- Driving Without Wings, Richard Allen Beevor
- AMONG THE RUINED INFRASTRUCTURE بين البن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Girl I Love, Phil Soar
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar