The eyes that mock me sign the way
Whereto I pass at eve of day.
Grey way whose violet signals are
The trysting and the twining star.
Ah star of evil! star of pain!
Highhearted youth comes not again
Nor old heart's wisdom yet to know
The signs that mock me as I go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bahnhofstrasse by James Joyce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman