Is It Poetry
Everyone I Am Not
Your past your hour of need why go on some ask.
Your greatest fear you chase, it's why you dream.
Why I ask, are you here?
A student unmasked by the dawn,
a way to the past, future told.
Others have come this you know.
Beating the drum that you hold.
Leaves turn brown once again inside you grow cold.
Knowing the time of your death all alone.
And the cost it will take from your soul.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everyone I Am Not by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)