Escape into Pain (Sonnet)
With taught of sadness.
We are still in darkness.
Can't see the dawn at hand.
Traped with pain.
Forgotten with pain and sadness.
Seening the realm of endless catastrophe.
Battle, but still in pain.
Seen the pain but always rising.
Death run faster than we can.
Hoping for pleasure in pain.
Cast to the dark with no repair.
Much terror, but our feeble heart contain.
But our old subtle foe.
From fry pan to fire at dawn and night.
Jackson Olagunju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape into Pain (Sonnet) by Jackson Olagunju )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)