Escape into Pain (Sonnet)
With taught of sadness.
We are still in darkness.
Can't see the dawn at hand.
Traped with pain.
Forgotten with pain and sadness.
Seening the realm of endless catastrophe.
Battle, but still in pain.
Seen the pain but always rising.
Death run faster than we can.
Hoping for pleasure in pain.
Cast to the dark with no repair.
Much terror, but our feeble heart contain.
But our old subtle foe.
From fry pan to fire at dawn and night.
Jackson Olagunju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape into Pain (Sonnet) by Jackson Olagunju )
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
- great respect for what should not be sp.., RIC S. BASTASA
- for life is life and it is never yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- o! Grief!, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Indira Renganathan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)