End of Days Christianity
So it’s verses of joy
You must hear
To keep the moon pink,
Yet still you somehow saw fit
To put these voices in my head.
Well that’s just fine
I’ll rise to the challenge
At least for this moment
In this day
For isn’t that the way
The proclaimed joyous do it?
Live in the moment
Joy amidst despair
Feel for the weak and suffering
But complain do not dare.
Well I said I would change
But remember so did You.
Love from long suffering to none at all.
I’m talking about the Jew.
For salvation originates with Him
And this all of us You told.
So forgive me if by demanding His manifestation
I am playing the role of the bold
If an inheritance of the earth
Is what I must give up
To find at my doorstep
The Holy Infant so tender and mild.
That is what I shall do
For I too am a just a child
At least at my heart
So what about that brand new start?
Will true fire in the upper room burn?
The fire I speak of is Love
A dear crone I have loved did say
But people she also warned
Of His fear inspiring day
Plead lovingly for change
And do your best to change too
Feel your joy for being Christian
But don’t forget the blue
For somewhere at Their core
They are saddened too
I’m talking about Father and Holy Spirit
Oh and don’t forget the Jew.
Nvisible 2Luv's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (End of Days Christianity by Nvisible 2Luv )
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns