End of Days Christianity
So it’s verses of joy
You must hear
To keep the moon pink,
Yet still you somehow saw fit
To put these voices in my head.
Well that’s just fine
I’ll rise to the challenge
At least for this moment
In this day
For isn’t that the way
The proclaimed joyous do it?
Live in the moment
Joy amidst despair
Feel for the weak and suffering
But complain do not dare.
Well I said I would change
But remember so did You.
Love from long suffering to none at all.
I’m talking about the Jew.
For salvation originates with Him
And this all of us You told.
So forgive me if by demanding His manifestation
I am playing the role of the bold
If an inheritance of the earth
Is what I must give up
To find at my doorstep
The Holy Infant so tender and mild.
That is what I shall do
For I too am a just a child
At least at my heart
So what about that brand new start?
Will true fire in the upper room burn?
The fire I speak of is Love
A dear crone I have loved did say
But people she also warned
Of His fear inspiring day
Plead lovingly for change
And do your best to change too
Feel your joy for being Christian
But don’t forget the blue
For somewhere at Their core
They are saddened too
I’m talking about Father and Holy Spirit
Oh and don’t forget the Jew.
Nvisible 2Luv's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (End of Days Christianity by Nvisible 2Luv )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI