Embrace the Opportunity
To you (you know who you are) ,
Who I am to you,
I am a friend sure but
Life is short and
Love is the only way to make it last.
You are to me,
Only a fraction of what you could be-
Unexposed to my deepest side.
Give me the chance to prove to you
Of what I can mean to you.
Outside of simple words,
Understand that only in the actions, can I prove
To you exactly what I feel.
Where we are now is bittersweet.
I smile when you smile
Though sometimes I wonder why, and
How you are when I cannot see you.
Maybe we just need to take a chance
Embrace the opportunity.
P.S. read the first letter of every line.
Gabe Florsheim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace the Opportunity by Gabe Florsheim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To live is to, gajanan mishra
- When love fades and tolerance takes over., Lehlogonolo Phora
- In The Arms Of!, John Ugolo Umah
- A Senior Citizen, Pius Didier
- Beclouded, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Why I am taken as toy, noctiluca scintillans
- Let's smile, Nassy Fesharaki
- When I Die A Teacher, Pius Didier
- Family, Kolade Seun
- Mothers!, John Ugolo Umah