Embrace the Opportunity
To you (you know who you are) ,
Who I am to you,
I am a friend sure but
Life is short and
Love is the only way to make it last.
You are to me,
Only a fraction of what you could be-
Unexposed to my deepest side.
Give me the chance to prove to you
Of what I can mean to you.
Outside of simple words,
Understand that only in the actions, can I prove
To you exactly what I feel.
Where we are now is bittersweet.
I smile when you smile
Though sometimes I wonder why, and
How you are when I cannot see you.
Maybe we just need to take a chance
Embrace the opportunity.
P.S. read the first letter of every line.
Gabe Florsheim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace the Opportunity by Gabe Florsheim )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote
- Three Days Before Christmas, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Insanity, Michael P. McParland
- Invisible, Michael P. McParland
- A Journey in a Winter Morning, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Uninvited Guests, Tony Adah
- I Am Not Evil, Michael P. McParland
- Great Black Spectre, Michael P. McParland