Embrace the Opportunity
To you (you know who you are) ,
Who I am to you,
I am a friend sure but
Life is short and
Love is the only way to make it last.
You are to me,
Only a fraction of what you could be-
Unexposed to my deepest side.
Give me the chance to prove to you
Of what I can mean to you.
Outside of simple words,
Understand that only in the actions, can I prove
To you exactly what I feel.
Where we are now is bittersweet.
I smile when you smile
Though sometimes I wonder why, and
How you are when I cannot see you.
Maybe we just need to take a chance
Embrace the opportunity.
P.S. read the first letter of every line.
Gabe Florsheim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace the Opportunity by Gabe Florsheim )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace