Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Elisheva And Gavriel
On Lag Ba'Omer 5766,
On 16th May 2006,
Under the Chupah in the St John's Wood Shul,
You begin your Nuptials before one and all.
Blessed by HE who reigns Supreme,
Casting HIS eyes on this happy scene,
Your Wedding in this Respected Shul,
Viewed by a Congregation very full.
Thoughts of the future are in your Minds,
I hope for you both they are kind,
Full of Expectations and of Fears,
Full of Happiness and Emotional Tears.
Elisheva and Gavriel you both are
Children of Rabbanim, respected from afar.
May your future life together be blessed,
With Health, Harmony and Happiness.
When in the future you do recall,
The joy and happiness experienced by all,
As I remember my own wedding here,
Standing where you stand, with the Aron near.
Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 16 May 2006
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elisheva And Gavriel by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh